If you’re shopping for a new construction home, you may wonder if you need a realtor. The answer is yes for many good reasons.
- A real estate agent can advocate for you, help you make the best deal, and look out for your best interests during negotiations.
- Realtors bring specialized knowledge that can help you avoid costly mistakes in the buying process.
Buying a newly constructed house is exciting. You’re getting something that’s exclusively yours where no one else has lived, and you may even get to make all the decisions about colors, fixtures, and decorating. Because you’re in charge from start to finish, you may wonder, “Do I need a realtor to buy a house build just for me?” You can work with the developer’s team, right? Most real estate professionals advise buyers to get a real estate agent, even when buying new construction.
Do I Need a Realtor When Buying a Newly Constructed Home?
Buying new construction is different from purchasing one where someone already resides. The unique facets of the transaction may be unfamiliar to most homebuyers. Here are some ways that a realtor can help you make the best decision about your new home purchase.
- Timing matters in every kind of real estate market. Your realtor understands your local market, which neighborhoods are selling fast, and which ones may represent a bargain. The agent also knows the slow months for developers; they’re more likely to negotiate then than in the busy months. Having that knowledge on your side when you start shopping can save you time and money.
- Your realtor is familiar with the builders who work in your area. Agents in the area have likely worked with clients who contracted with each builder. They can draw on that knowledge and those experiences to help you choose a builder with a reputation for quality work, reliability, and efficiency.
- Real estate professionals have an in-depth understanding of the process of building a new construction house, from contracts to upgrades to financing and construction quality issues. Because most people don’t buy new construction homes more than once or twice in their lives, consumers may be at a disadvantage with a quality realtor on their side. For example, your agent can help you with inspections and contingencies, two areas where conflict often arises. A professional and experienced agent can walk you through every step and help you avoid costly pitfalls.
- The most common reason people don’t use realtors when conducting real estate business is that they want to save on the commissions. However, a quality agent can save you money, time, and frustration in the long term. If you don’t have an agent yourself, you work with the developer or builder’s agents. They aren’t bound to look out for your interests as the buyer. Your real estate agent for new construction can make sure that everything is fair as the process unfolds.
Where Can I Learn More About New Construction Homes?
If you’re looking to make your next move to a custom-built new construction home in the Moseley, Virginia, area, check out the beautiful Summer Lake development. It has tons of amenities for families or retirees to enjoy. Tennis courts, a pool, a playground, and the fabulous Lake Chesdin Golf Club are all readily available for your outdoor pleasure. Contact our team today to learn about all the available properties and lots.
Image Source: eyerazor / Shutterstock